VAMPIRELLA - Original Soundtrack by Joel Goldsmith
CD include Digital Download - 24 Bit WAV, MP3, Digital PDF
Dragon’s Domain Records, to be distributed by BuySoundtrax, will be releasing VAMPIRELLA for the first time, featuring music composed by Joel Goldsmith (STARGATE UNIVERSE, STARGATE ATLANTIS, THE UNTOUCHABLES) for the 1996 fantasy horror film directed by Jim Wynorski (LOST EMPIRE, DEATHSTALKER II, CHOPPING MALL), written by Gary Gerani (PUMPKINHEAD), starring Talisa Soto as Vampirella, Roger Daltrey, Richard Joseph Paul, Brian Bloom, Corinna Harney, Rusty Meyers, Lee de Broux, Tom Deters, Lenny Juliano, Angus Scrimm along with John Landis and John Terlesky.
Vampirella was introduced to the world in September 1969 in the first issue of the comic magazine VAMPIRELLA from Warren Publishing, the creation of writer Forrest J Ackerman and artist Trina Robbins. She joined Warren’s successful sister magazines CREEPY and EERIE, and at the time the sensual Vampirella was featured as the hostess of each issue’s collection of horror stories, much like Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie were used in their own magazines. Vampirella was noted for her skimpy blood-red costume and sassy attitude. Beginning with issue #9, however, writer-editor Archie Goodwin elevated her from hostess to a headliner, starring in the featured story in each issue. Eventually a fictional history developed around the character. She came from a planet named Drakulon which was inhabited by vampires. After an Earth spaceship crashed on Drakulon, Vampirella discovered that Earth astronauts contained a hefty amount of blood in their veins. As that substance was growing sparse on her planet, Vampirella repaired and piloted the spacecraft back to Earth, and thus her adventures began. The popularity of Vampirella as a blood-sucking sex symbol whose style and substance left little to the imagination eventually reached the interest of filmmakers.
Joel Goldsmith was hired to provide the music for VAMPIRELLA. Joel had scored Wynorski’s 1993 family film LITTLE MISS MILLIONS, and would later compose STEALTH FIGHTER, MILITIA, and LOST IN THE WOODS for the director. Son of renowned composer Jerry Goldsmith, Joel began scoring films in 1978, mostly using his array of electronic equipment and synthesizers, composing more than 70 films and television productions until his untimely death in 2012.
VAMPIRELLA is a limited edition of 500 units. VAMPIRELLA is expected to start shipping the week of March 8th.
1. Titles/Drakulon Opening/Vlad’s Escape/Dad Dies (7:47)
2. Vampirella Appears in Alley/The Fight/ Vampirella Tells Forry her Story (5:31)
3. Quick Kill: Purge Team Set Up/Vampirella Finds Professor Trax/A Lead on Vlad (6:09)
4. Purge Team Arrests Vlad and Vampirella (4:14)
5. Escaping The Police Van/First Confrontation (3:40)
6. Vampirella’s Story/From Mars to Earth (4:12)
7. Let’s Work Together/Vlad’s Base/ Taking Vampirella to Purge HQ (2:59)
8. Vampirella Tries the Sun Gun/Van Helsing and the Artificial Blood (4:53)
9. Vlad Addresses the Council/Walsh Prays (3:21)
10. Vampirella Attacks Guards/Our Souls are Identical/Start the Countdown (2:37)
11. The Kiss: Vlad’s Speech/Vampirella’s Bloodthirst (3:31)
12. Purge Team Arrive/The Battle (3:24)
13. Vampirella Battles Vlad (4:05)
14. End Credit Score Suite (3:57)
Total Time: 60:54