ALFRED NEWMAN CONDUCTS HIS CLASSIC MOTION PICTURE SCORES
CD includes Digital Download /Digital Booklet
Click here for Digital-Only Download
BSX Records, in association with Citadel Records, presents ALFRED NEWMAN CONDUCTS HIS CLASSIC MOTION PICTURE SCORES. Included herein are suites and themes from HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY, WUTHERING HEIGHTS, ALL ABOUT EVE, THE RAZOR'S EDGE, THE SONG OF BERNADETTE, CAPTAIN FROM CASTILE and more.
Alfred Newman worked on over two hundred and fifty films in his forty year career, received forty-five Academy nominations and won nine Oscars®. This CD features music from “only” ten films, but what a treasure trove is here: well-loved music from well-loved movies. Most of these soundtrack scores are now considered classics - and deservedly so.
Released in cooperation with the Alfred Newman Estate, these historic archival recordings were made between 1947 and 1951. For this special edition, the sources have been remastered to minimize disc-derived noises and other imperfections, resulting in clearer, more dynamic sound and better revealing the brilliance of the composer’s orchestrations.
This program is a testimonial to Newman the great composer and the superb conductor.
1. How Green Was My Valley 4:12
2. Main Title (From "All About Eve") 3:35
3. A Letter to Three Wives 3:27
4. Wuthering Heights 3:20
5. Overture (From "A Royal Scandal") 1:08
6. The Song of Bernadette 3:27
7. Pinky 3:16
8. Sentimental Rhapsody (From "Street Scene") 2:54
9. The Razor’s Edge 3:38
Captain from Castile - Suite
10. Prelude / Pedro De Vargas, Captain from Castile 2:55
11. Catana, The Young Peasant Girl 3:02
12. Lady Luisa / Juan the Adventurer / Wonders of the New World 3:07
13. Magic Ring / Fears of Persecution / Compassionate Priest 3:01
14. Fulfillment in the New World (Catana’s Love) 3:08
15. Conquest 3:02