MUSIC FOR DINOSAURS - Original Soundtrack from the Midwich Productions by David Spear
(CD comes with Free Digital Download/Digital booklet)
Click here for Digital-Only Download.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents MUSIC FOR DINOSAURS, the expanded edition of the original soundtrack recordings for the Midwich Entertainment series DINOSAURS, produced by Richard Jones, featuring music composed and orchestrated by David Spear.
Released in 1984, DINOSAURS was the first in a series of family-oriented documentaries produced by Richard Jones and hosted by Gary Owens and Eric Boardman. DINOSAURS was a half hour program about a subject that hadn’t been given much attention at the time. While the intention was just to make one documentary on the subject, the response to DINOSAURS was so positive that Richard Jones ended up making several more documentaries on the subject of dinosaurs, including MORE DINOSAURS, DINOSAURS, DINOSAURS, DINOSAURS, PREHISTORIC WORLD, THE RETURN OF THE DINOSAURS, SON OF DINOSAURS, THE WONDEROUS WORLD OF WEIRD ANIMALS and THE VOLCANO SHOW.
For DINOSAURS, Jones wanted an original orchestral score. He was not interested in library music or an electronic score. Composer David Spear was recommended to him. He had the distinction of being Elmer Bernstein’s orchestrator on several scores and also Spear’s parents produced and starred in children’s programming that had a lot of original music elements.
Previously released on vinyl and audio cassette in the 1980’s and later released on compact disc in the early 1990’s with additional music, Dragon’s Domain Records now presents MUSIC FOR DINOSAURS, featuring previously unreleased music and also featuring selections from THE WONDROUS WORLD OF WEIRD ANIMALS and THE VOLCANO SHOW for the very first time. The music has been mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland and the liner notes have been written by producer Richard Jones.
MUSIC FOR DINOSAURS is a limited edition release of 500 units.
- Prologue (0:31)
- “I Need More Dinosaurs.” (1:41)
- Prehistoric Prelude (1:32)
- Terrible Lizards (1:02)
- The Nest (1:15)
- The Trek / Fossil Funk (1:57)
- Hatchlings (1:32)
- Ode to Vernal, Utah (1:01)
- Fanfare (1:05)
- Primordial Ooze (2:03)
- The Mystery of Extinction (1:00)
- Brontosaur Ballet (1:27)
- Rex’s Late Night Snack (1:36)
- Age of Wonder (1:22)
- The Crystal Palace (2:10)
- Savage Landscape (1:19)
- Prehistoric World (Main Title) (0:39)
- Sundrenched Plains / Ice Age (2:42)
- Fossil Impressions (0:55)
- Dr. Lizardi (1:07)
- Son of Dinosaurs (Main Title) (1:11)
- All Aboard the Dinosaur Eggspress (2:19)
- The Puzzle of Paleontology (1:30)
- The Egg (2:47)
- The Return of Dinosaurs (1:45)
- No More Dinosnores (1:07)
- Weird Animal Open (2:32)
- Peculiar Primates (1:14)
- Condors: Back from the Brink (1:53)
- Stranger In The Night (1:58)
- Wondrously Weird Finale (2:37)
- Eric’s Backyard Volcano (1:03)
- Eruption! (1:38)
- Lava Tube / Lava Flow (2:30)
- Volcanic Innards (1:24)
- Yellowstone Lets Loose (1:22)
- Dinosaurs! (3:04)
- The Amazing Mesozoic (3:12)
- The Stegosaurus Stomp (2:34)
Total Time: 67:13
All selections published by SPEARSONGS (ASCAP)