HUMMIE MANN COLLECTION: VOL. 1
CD includes Digital Download - 24 Bit Wav/MP3/Digital PDF
Dragon’s Domain Records, to be distributed through buysoundtrax.com, presents THE HUMMIE MANN COLLECTION, VOLUME 1, featuring the release of music composed by Hummie Mann for two films from his extensive filmography, THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD and the IMAX film CYBERWORLD.
There are few characters in the history of family entertainment that boast a more devoted or passionate fan base than Thomas the Tank Engine. Born in the pages of a British children’s book series penned by Rev. Wilbert Awdry in 1946, Thomas the Tank Engine is an anthropomorphized steam locomotive who clickety-clacks over railroad tracks across the fictional island of Sodor. Released in 2000 and following in the great success of SHINING TIME STATION in the United States, THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD finds Mr. Conductor (Alec Baldwin) running low on his supply of magical gold dust, which allows him to travel from place to place. Not knowing how to get more gold dust, Mr. Conductor must turn to his new friend, Lily (Mara Wilson), her grandfather, Burnett Stone (Peter Fonda) and his own unreliable cousin to find a solution. At the same time, Diesel 10, an evil diesel locomotive, has arrived on Sodor, with the intention of destroying all of the remaining steam locomotives. Can Sodor be saved from the evil diesel engines and can Mr. Conductor find more of the magical gold dust he needs to keep doing his job?
Hummie Mann’s charming underscore for THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD is a fine example of rich orchestral film music bolstered by infectious themes, sumptuous harmony, and kaleidoscopic orchestration. While most films are typically scored in three to six weeks, Mann was given several months to pen all the material for the film. THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD was recorded at Manta sound in Toronto, Ontario, with an eighty-five piece orchestra.
During the same year Mann penned his music for THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD, he also wrote the score for a curious IMAX film titled CYBERWORLD 3D. CYBERWORLD 3D is a short forty-minute computer-animated IMAX film directed by Colin Davies and Elaine Despins. The story follows a character named Phig (Jenna Elfman) who takes the audience on a tour of CyberWorld—a virtual museum of various 3D animated exhibits. Three unwelcome bugs named Buzzed (Rob Smith), Wired (also Rob Smith), and Frazzled (Matt Frewer), worm their way into the museum and chomp up the outlying computer code. This inadvertently destroys the environment’s digital foundation forcing Phig into a conflict to save CyberWorld from total destruction. Mann’s twenty-two minutes of orchestral underscore was also recorded at Manta Sound in Toronto.
While THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD did receive a soundtrack release when the film came out, it contained less than 30 minutes of the composer’s score. Dragon’s Domain Records is excited to bring THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD in a much expanded presentation and the worldwide release of CYBERWORLD to compact disc for the first time as part of THE HUMMIE MANN COLLECTION, VOLUME 1, newly mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland. The booklet includes exclusive liner notes written by author and composer Brian Satterwhite with the participation of the composer.
THE HUMMIE MANN COLLECTION, VOLUME 1 is a limited edition release of 500 units.
THE MAGIC RAILROAD
1. Main Title (1:44)
2. Here’s Diesel/Diesel Explains his Plan/Rainbow Sun (1:59)
3. Burnett’s Workshop / Patch MeetsLily/Diesel’s Gang (3:16)
4. Mr. C/Mutt Senses Trouble (2:47)
5. Guard Her Well/Lily & Bluebird (1:27)
6. Practical Joke/Sir Topham (1:48)
7. A Night in the Train Shed (3:16)
8. Mr. C’s Nightmare/Mutt Leads Lily On (2:18)
9. Where’s the Windmill?/Brain Veggies (2:48)
10. Lily Arrives/C Jr./Not Really Feeling Useful (2:35)
11. Stacy Drives Lily/Sodor at Night/Diesel Knocks Shed (2:54)
12. Coal Car Through the Buffer/Diesel Threatens Mr. C (2:32)
13. Not Be Stupid (0:38)
14. Lily Meets Patch/Lily Goes to Sodor/Lily Rides Thomas (4:46)
15. Spooky (3:01)
16. Thomas Takes Lily Through (3:20)
17. Lily Meets Lady/Diesel Attacks (2:05)
18. Lady Comes To Life (3:21)
19. Jr. Meets Lady/Diesel’s Final Pursuit (4:06)
20. The Clue Revealed (2:53)
21. Creation Sequence/Metal Monsters/Modern Cities (3:34)
22. Krakkens and Jabberwockys (3:07)
23. Phig Phinds the Bug/Frazzled, Buzzed and Wired (3:07)
24. Tonight’s Performance/ Phig Finds the Bug/Wrong Bug (3:44)
25. More Wrong Bugs/Bugs Watch Antz/Phig’s Got ‘em/Phig Gets Eaten (2:00)
26. Black Hole/Re-Creation Sequence (3:31)
27. End Credits (2:35)
Total Time: 76:21